Lewis R. French, Maine
7 images Created 2 Oct 2013
The Lewis R. French is a two-masted, wooden windjammer built in 1871. Its original use was for cargo transportation: freighted bricks, lumber, firewood, granite, fish, lime, canning supplies, and Christmas trees. Nearly 100 years after she was constructed, the French was converted to accommodate passengers. She docks in Camden, Maine.